Dental Savings Plans Enrollment Numbers Increase 20 Percent

image description

Here’s more proof that Dental Savings Plans – which include In-House Dental Plans offered by dental offices to uninsured patients – are more popular than ever amongst dental consumers.

Dental Savings Plans Enrollments Up 20%

Dental insurance is expensive and lacks value. Dentists know this. Patients know this.

So, with that being said, does it come at a surprise to learn that Dental Savings Plans enrollments, which include In-House Membership Plans offered within dental offices, continue to increase?

Here are some takeaways from a recent Dental Savings Plans survey conducted by InsuranceNewsNet:

  • Individual enrollment in Dental Savings Plans rose 20% to 7.76 million people in 2016 over 2015.
  • Growth is fueled by senior citizens on Medicare, which doesn’t cover dental services, and young consumers looking for discounts on services.
  • The Dental Savings Plan market is made up overwhelmingly – 89 percent – by individual and family plans with the remaining 11 percent made up by groups.
  • Proponents of Dental Savings Plans say they are more convenient and require far less paperwork than standard dental insurance.
  • As insurers scale back on dental coverage by raising deductibles, boosting copayments and increasing coinsurance payments, some say there’s little that dental insurance covers for the limited services.

Click here to read more about InsuranceNewsNet’s dental savings plan survey results.

Ready to implement your own In-House Dental Savings Plan?

Click here if you’re a dentist or office manager interested in reducing your practice’s and patients dependence on dental insurance by implementing your own proprietary, regulatory compliant, and professionally administered In-House Membership Plan with My Loyal Dental Plan.